Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Is Your Flood Insurance Ending?

I returned to work today from a long family vacation.  During the course of our journeys we had the opportunity to drive on Highway 2 near Nebraska City, where one lane of the road was underwater due to flooding of the Missouri river.  We later had to detour because on highway 136 near Alexandria, Missouri, because the the road leading Keokuk, and  a bridge over the Mississippi river, was under water.  While these areas are prone to flooding and it makes obvious sense to buy flood insurance, other places aren't so obvious, yet FEMA, with flood mapping help from the US Army Corps of Engineers and others, places many housing tracts in 100 year flood plains, thus requiring homeowners with mortgages to purchase flood insurance.  Wise property owners with buildings in flood plains will purchase this same insurance whether or not they have a mortgage.
I witnessed the destruction of flooding earlier this year when a flood hit my hometown of Genesee, ID in January 2010 due to frozen ground, melting snow, and heavy rains.  If you think a flood can't happen to you, think again.

One of the brokers that I utilize recently sent me an e-mail stating that State Farm Mutual has announced that effective October 1, 2010 they are getting out of the National Flood Insurance Program business.  This means that hundreds of thousands of insureds will need to find a new company for their flood insurance.  Do you have flood insurance with State Farm Mutual?  If so, please allow me to serve you and place your flood insurance with one of our flood insurance companies.

How do you do this?  Give me a call at my Clarkston, WA office; (509) 758-5529 or e-mail me.  I will ask you for a copy of your declarations page, the year the home or building was constructed, and its replacement cost value.

It really is that simple.  I look forward to serving you!




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: